How To Laser Engrave, Room 104
2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m: Different laser types and which ones to buy, what they will and won’t do, work examples, hazards, software and more, with ABS master smith Steve Schwarzer
From Steve’s Website:
Welcome to Steve Schwarzer custom knives. This site is about knife collecting and bladesmithing. I will show you some of the folding knives, fixed blades, swords, axes, and more that I made in the past, along with some that are currently available.
All custom knives I make is designed as a functional tool. No matter how fancy or elaborate, a custom knife must function as a cutting instrument first, creating a blend of utility and aesthetics. From the simplest carbon steel hunting knife to the most elaborate mosaic Damascus folding knife, each of my knives is treated with the same skill and dedication to excellence.
Though I work only from my own designs, I have a long-standing commitment to collaborating with collectors to create knives that you will enjoy having and I will enjoy making. Tell me what type of knife you want and I will give you my best work in the confines of your budget. If you have questions about me or my knives, feel free to e-mail or phone me.
- Red Watson Friendship Award – 1999 Guild Show
This award is voted on by the guild membership and presented the some one who has given freely his knowledge and advice to other makers. It is the highest honor bestowed by the Guild on a maker.
- W.W. Scagel Award – 1999 Atlanta Blade Show
This award is the highest honor bestowed by the ABS
- Best Damascus Folder – Paris Show
- Most Innovative – East Coast Custom Knife Show
- Multiple Awards – Blade Show
- My knives have been pictured in many magazines in Europe, Asia, Russia, and the USA
- ABS Master Bladesmith since 1983
- Voting member of the Knifemakers Guild since 1982
- Past VP, Knifemakers Guild
- VP, Art Knife Collectors Association
- Field Editor, Blade Magazine
- 1st Dan, Yoshukai Karate
- 1st Dan, Kempo Karate