How To Sharpen Any Knife, Room 103
1 p.m.-2 p.m: In an updated version of the 2018 BLADE U. class, learn how to sharpen different blade shapes, edge formats, serrations, recurves, tantos and kitchen knives, tactical and outdoor blades of high-performance steels and more, with BLADE® field editor Dexter Ewing
About Dexter Ewing
Dexter Ewing brings a host of experience in sharpening. His list of attributes include:
-Over 25 years experience as a knife enthusiast/collector
– 25 years working in the knife industry writing about knives. Over 20 of those years spent
writing for knife magazines such as Knives Illustrated and BLADE Magazine.
– Currently serves as Field Editor for BLADE Magazine, focusing on articles relating to
sharpening, factory knife trends, knife technology, and knife evaluations. He has served
this role for close to 20 years.
– Member of Work Sharp Pro Staff – field consultant for the company in providing editorial
content relating to sharpening for the company’s website. See
– Instructed the inaugural “How To Sharpen Any Knife” BLADE University seminar at the
2018 BLADE Show in Atlanta, GA. He has been invited back to teach the same seminar
again at the 2019 BLADE Show
– Recommended by Knifecenter.com – http://www.knifecenter.com
– Began Winston-Salem Knife Sharpening in the summer of 2014 with the intent of
providing high quality and professional sharpening service to his community.
– Winston-Salem Knife Sharpening is supported in part by Work Sharp.
– Can expediently sharpen any type of knife and most cutting tools
-Knowledgeable on the various grades of steel used for knives in general. He has
experience sharpening blades made of the more wear resistant alloys found in high end
outdoor and tactical knives.
– Also specializes in sharpening for the medical research field, with some surgical tools.
Connect with Dexter on Facebook: