Scott McGhee- ABS master smith
Scott McGhee is an ABS-Certified Master Bladesmith and world-renowned knife designer who lives and works in Southeastern North Carolina. Scott learned the art of blacksmithing at Penland School of Crafts at the age of 17. He obtained his ABS Journeyman certification in 2012, his ABS Master Smith certification in 2016, and has been a full-time knife maker since 2014. In addition to crafting knives, Scott teaches knife making for the American Bladesmith Society at Haywood Community College in Clyde, NC. Scott is also an avid outdoorsman who enjoys creating tools that excel when used in the field. His mid-tech line that includes the Guinea Hog Forge Piranha, SR-71, and Rover are coveted worldwide by knife enthusiasts who appreciate a blade that surpasses expectations. Scott’s work has been featured in Blade Magazine, Knives Illustrated, Knife World, and Field & Stream.
- B.R. Hughes Award 2016 – Best knife submitted for Mastersmith Review, Blade Show 2016
- ABS Bladesmithing Instructor, Haywood Community College, Clyde, NC, 2012-present
- Boker Plus Piranha 2016
- Best Forged Blade – Southeastern Custom Knifemakers Show 2014
- Best Tactical Blade – Southeastern Custom Knifemakers Show 2014
- Boker Plus Collection Knife 2013
- Best Fighter – Blade Show 2013
- Best Handle – Blade Show 2013
Trackback from your site.